CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Inspiration

So this summer I've given myself the goal of creating some basics for my wardrobe. It has been a much harder goal than I thought. Between work, vacations, and just not being home i haven't had a lot of time to work on it. However, hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to make a post with pictures of stuff I've created ( i have one dress done that just has to be hemmed) but here are some of the outfits that I want to be able to recreate in my own way.








Carlos Miele
Look: "Girls with a major attitude and a bitchin' budget
























Doucette Duvall
Look: Paris in the '60s meets "xoxo, Gossip Girl"























Richard Chai
Look: "bursts of color, shearling surprises, turtlenecks, cropped leather
























Verrier
Look: Princess Pinks, collar bows, sheer sleeves


























Arthur Mendonca
Look: Purples and grays, crisp and chic wearability, kicky velvets

























So, i'm going for Girls with a major attitude and a bitchin' budget meets Paris in the '60s meets "xoxo, Gossip Girl meets bursts of color, shearling surprises, turtlenecks, cropped leather meets Princess Pinks, collar bows, sheer sleeves meets Purples and grays, crisp and chic wearability, kicky velvets meets Romantic boy-inspired girl-wear, 40s pre-war, tartans, delicate bow ties.

Oh man I have a lot of work to do

8 comments:

Unknown said...

oohh, i love your picks. Band of Outsiders has kick ass sample sales in the city, i love trying stuff on. it's a good look to try out, you'll have fun. :)

Tu-Anh said...

you are going to make them yourself?? wow. i admire the ambition and determination. I've always wanted to manifest the images in my head into something real, but lack the willpower to take the first step.

can't wait to see the finish products.

we wear things said...

those are some fabulous inspiration outfits.. i really like the Doucette Duvall dress..

Anonymous said...

I love the band of outsiders look. They have it down so nicely.

Anonymous said...

ha ha! this sounds exactly like me when i try to narrow my "look" down :)

discotheque confusion said...

love the band of outsiders look.

those little shoes.. so cute

♥ Marta ♥ said...

Love your picks... :)

Terren said...

nice compilation.